A tarpaulin is a great marketing tool that you can use to promote your business, specifically the products and services that you offer. Most of the time, tarpaulins consist of bright, inviting colors that make your brand name stand out. However, your tarpaulin layout may vary depending on your branding and specific marketing requirements.
To ensure that your tarp layout matches your unique needs, it’s best if you make it yourself instead of hiring a third-party designer. If you’re not sure how to start, here are some tips on how and where to layout a tarpaulin for your business:
How to Make Tarpaulin Layouts Using Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is a widely used program commonly utilized in creating different kinds of documents. This versatile computer program can also be used to make tarpaulin layouts for your business.
- Launch the Microsoft Word program on your computer. Then, create a blank document to get started.
- Once you have your blank document, you should set your paper layout and choose between landscape or portrait. You can do this by choosing Layout on the menu and clicking on Orientation.
You should also set your paper size, which you can do from the Layout menu as well. Click on Size and choose the dimensions that you want for your tarp layout.
- Insert the photos, icons, and graphics that you want to include in your design. Make sure to use the appropriate text wrapping setting to place your elements in the right position.
You can also add text to your design to add the message that you want to convey to your audience. Doing so will improve your marketing efforts and make them more successful.
- Finalize your tarpaulin layout and save it to your computer. Make sure to save it as a PDF file to preserve its formatting even when shared online or transferred to another device.
How to Make Tarpaulin Layouts Using Microsoft PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint is utilized by people to create eye-catching presentations for a variety of events. It can also be used to create tarpaulin designs.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint on your device then choose a template or the blank presentation option. Make sure that the size of your tarpaulin is the same as your layout.
Remember, the maximum PowerPoint slide is 56 inches x 56 inches. So, if you need to make a bigger tarpaulin, you’ll need to use a different software.
- Optimize the photos you’d like to add, type in the text you need to have, and arrange these elements in a way that’s visually appealing to your audience. Add a background using a high-resolution photo or use Microsoft PowerPoint’s Format Background function.
You can also use the Remove Background function on Microsoft PowerPoint to create elements for your tarpaulin.
- Once you’ve finalized the details and the layout of your tarpaulin, save your design as an image. Make sure to click PNG for a smooth and color-correct printing process.
How to Make Tarpaulin Layouts Using Canva
Canva is an online graphic design platform that’s where you can edit tarpaulins for free. This software has hundreds of free templates available for your use. If you opt for a premium account, you’ll gain access to the full capabilities of this design suite.
- Launch the Canva app or website on your device. Whichever you’re most comfortable using.
- Type “Banner” into the search bar and choose the measurement that fits your desired size.
- Choose a template for your tarp layout, or you can use a blank one.
- Start designing your tarpaulin. You can input text, photos, and design elements to make your banner more eye-catching. Canva has a plethora of free-to-use high-resolution images you can use for your tarps.
- You can resize the tarpaulin design if you’d like. Canva offers a customized resizing tool, and it also gives you the option to reuse tarpaulin dimensions you’ve used before.
- Once you’re happy with the design of your tarpaulin, click on the download button. Make sure to use PNG and to keep the size at x1 or else you may encounter problems during printing.
How to Make Tarpaulin Layouts Using Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is an advanced image editor that enables you to create simple to complex designs. This software is a tried and tested platform that thousands of creatives trust because of its reliable and advanced nature.
With Adobe Photoshop, you can unleash your creativity and make stunning tarpaulin layouts.
- Launch Photoshop and create a new project. Once the sizing window opens, enter your desired tarpaulin size on the program. Keep the resolution at 72 dpi to keep the size of the file lower.
Choose the CMYK color mode to ensure that your tarpaulin will be printed by your supplier accurately.
- Create a new layer and get started on adding your elements. It’s a good practice to create a new layer whenever you add a design element such as a photo, text, or background.
When adding photos, make sure that you scale photos proportionally by holding the shift button as you stretch out images. This minimizes the chance of distorting your photo, especially if it’s your company’s official logo.
- Before you export your photo, take one final look and check for any typos and errors. Once this has been accomplished, you may now save your file.
Make sure to save a version in PSD format so you can edit your file in the future. Once you’ve secured an editable Photoshop file, you may now save the document again in a JPEG format.
How to Make Tarpaulin Layouts Using Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Adobe Creative Cloud Express is a web- and mobile-based app by Adobe Inc. that allows you to create beautiful designs using drag-and-drop technology. Because of its user-friendly interface, anyone, including beginners, can easily learn how to make a layout for a tarpaulin design.
- Open Creative Cloud Express to start working. You can launch the app using your web browser or your mobile device, whichever is more convenient for you.
- Browse through the various professionally designed templates available in the app. Then, choose one template to customize.
- Start working on your chosen template and customizing various elements. You can add photos, text, graphics, and icons to your tarp layout. To do so, you can upload them from your device or choose from the free library of Creative Cloud Express.
- After finalizing your design, you should resize it to how big you want your tarpaulin layout to be. You can use Creative Cloud Express’s resizer tool to make any tarpaulin size, including 2×3 ft, 3×4 ft, and other customized dimensions.
- Once you are happy with your tarpaulin design, you should save it to your device. You can still tweak your layout anytime in the future by accessing it through the app.
Print Your Tarpaulin
Now that you have your tarpaulin layout ready, you should start thinking about how to print it. Here are some tips on tarpaulin printing to help you get started.
When choosing a printing shop, make sure to look for one that specializes in printing services for tarpaulins. This kind of business has the right tools and skills to ensure the quality of your tarpaulin print.
You should also work with a reputable company like Limkaco Industries, Inc., which has an outstanding track record when it comes to tarpaulin manufacturing and printing. When you choose us, you can be sure that we will do our best to transform your creative ideas into effective, tangible marketing materials. Contact us for more information regarding our products and services.